Monday, May 30, 2011

Westminster and St. James

I went on this walk with Tara, Kaylee, Scott and Hannah. Kaylee was our leader and she did a wonderful job. This was one of my more favorite walks because we got to walk past some of the most beautiful sights in London. Parliament never ceases to amaze me, especially walking out of the tube station and it's just right there in front of you. I appreciated that this walk took me to pretty famous places that I probably wouldn't have found on my own. It was cool to walk past what's left of Whitehall palace and I especially liked walking through Horse Guard Parade and seeing where the Trooping of the Colours would be held later in June. It was kind of funny to me to walk through some of the streets we walked through because there were all these super high end men's stores. I feel like normally the high end stores are for women, but there was literally an entire street full of super expensive shops for men. I feel like this is one of the cultural differences between America and England. Men dress up more often and nicer in England than they do in the states. I loved walking past Buckingham as well. Even though I was there for the Royal Wedding, it was nice to see it when there weren't a million people outside it. Westminster Abbey was gorgeous as usual but I liked walking around the back of it and by the Jewel Tower. That was a really pretty area that I hadn't seen before.

Horse Guard Parade

Buckingham Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment