Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bloomsbury

Tara, Catherine and I did this walk together. Tara and I shared leadership responsibilities, which always seems to go pretty well because we rarely get lost when we lead together. When I was first looking at where we would be going during this walk, I wasn't super excited about it because it didn't look like we would be seeing anything too cool. But it actually ended up being a pretty nice walk. It was a way nice day to do a walk and it was a nice area to walk through. I liked seeing the British Museum, which I hadn't been to before. It was pretty funny because when we were on the back side of the Museum, we asked a lady walking by to take our picture and she laughed and said "Sure, I take pictures for lots of people when I pass by here." It was kind of a reminder that although we've been here in London for a while, we still are the typical tourists sometimes. I thought that Russell Square was pretty interesting because it was kind of a half park and half cemetery thing. I love all the parks that are all over London though. They add a lot to my London experience. I felt like we walked through a lot of residential areas on this walk, which I liked because the only residential area I'm ever in is here on Palace Court. I also thought the Hospital for Sick Children was one of the funniest things. That's probably really rude sounding, but it just made be laugh that they would give their hospital such an obvious name. I'm not sure if that's a cultural thing though because there were some other hospital type things right around the Hospital for Sick Children, and they were pretty bluntly title as well. All of us enjoyed Dickens house. It was closed when we walked by, but it was still cool to see where he lived when he wrote some of his novels. Once we got back around to the front side of the British Museum, I was pretty excited and then quickly disappointed. I hadn't realized how late it was getting and the Museum had just closed, so we couldn't even get inside the gates, but it looked like an amazing building and I'm excited to go back and go inside and see all the amazing things it has inside.

The lion behind the British Museum

Knocking on Dicken's door

No comments:

Post a Comment