Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Soho to Trafalgar Square

Tara and I led this walk, each taking different sections of the walk to lead. Molly, Laura, Sydnie, and Sarah S. went along with us. It was a pretty interesting walk. It was one of the first walks in which we managed not to get lost, which made me and Tara quite happy. One of the first places we saw on our walk was the toy museum, which I thought was especially cute. We didn't go through the museum, but we stopped in the gift shop and had a good time looking at the different toys. We also passed by a little park that was super popular. It was sort of strange to see so many people so close together. I feel like normally people try to stay sort of far away from one another in public places like parks, but everyone was together and enjoying themselves. It was really cool to see that. There were a few strange parts of town that we had to walk through as well. Once we got closer and closer to Trafalgar square there were some pretty sketchy areas on this walk. But there was also a cute little street market that was just closing down as we passed through. I thought China Town was pretty interesting. It was similar to the China Town in San Fransisco, where I'm from, so I liked that little area of the walk. But my favorite part was by far the end of the walk. I had already been to Trafalgar square before this walk, but it is one of my favorite places in London. Once our walk was done, a few of us got some dinner and walked around the square, enjoying all the people.

St. Anne's Church

At the Toy Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment