Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bankside and Southwark Part 2

Finishing this walk was just as fabulous as starting it. Hannah and I started from where we had left off and the whole thing was gorgeous. We saw the London Bridge from afar, which was cool because I hadn't seen it up close yet. But even still, the walk didn't take us super close to it, so I made a mental note to go back and visit later. Then we were walking along the Thames again, which is always beautiful. Even though the water is absolutely disgusting looking, I love looking at the skyline from either side and seeing all of the great buildings that I can actually name now. I also thought it was cool to walk past the HMS Belfast. I didn't even know it was going to be there, nor did I know anything about it. When I got home I was able to find out that it was used in World War II and is now a museum. It would be interesting to go back and check it out, especially because it's World War II information from an English perspective. I've always been interested in World War II and I think it would be so cool to see the battleships in Hawaii and now I could go see the Belfast as well. My favorite part of this walk was walking across the Tower Bridge. It made me feel like I was in Disneyland, which is one of my favorite places on the whole planet. It was a gorgeous bridge with an amazing view and I loved it! I also thought that the Tower of London was awesome and I can't wait to go back to that.

HMS Belfast and the Tower Bridge

Hannah and I on Tower Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment