Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fleet Street and St. Paul's

I went on this walk with Tara, Alison, Kaylee, Nick, Hannah and Scott. Scott was our leader and I thought that he did a fabulous job leading. We didn't get lost at all. It took us quite a while to actually finish the walk because we made a few pit stops along the way, which I really liked. I felt like we were really making use of the walk rather than just doing it because it's an assignment or just to see the sites. We saw a ton of cool looking buildings on this walk. It always amazes me how there are thousand year old churches right next to 20 year old buildings. One of my favorite stops on our walk was this cute sweet shop. It was supposed to be like an old sweet shop and had all these big jars of candy along the wall. It smelt so good inside and we had fun choosing out different flavors of candy. I also liked this church we stopped at called St. Brideschurch. It was a smaller church but it was one of the churches designed by Sir Christopher Wren. It was so pretty inside and the pastor gave us a little history of the building and it's surroundings. He also let us go down into the crypt. It was so tiny compared to the crypt at St. Paul's. We ended our walk with an amazing view of St. Paul's.

At the Candy Shop


In front of St. Paul's

No comments:

Post a Comment